Wednesday, April 30, 2008

I get money

Ahh the college life. Nothing like sleepin' in on a Tuesday. Ran some errands. Played a session. Hit the gym. Finished up with a fairly long session. I used to be a gym rat in my high school days because of wrestling and I thoroughly enjoyed it. Once I got to college, we were stuck on the generic wrestling lifting program. Generic lifting programs are terrible because everyones body will respond differently to various forms of training. I lost interest in lifting and after my career ended, it was very tough to find the motivation to get back at it. I would trickle into the gym here and there but it never clicked. As a new years resolution, I told myself I was going to get back in the gym. The best investment of FPP's Ive ever made was in my Ipod Touch. I can tune out the soothing music they love to play in our gym and the nerds who are aimlessly throwing weights around next to me. With the exception of last week, I hadnt missed a workout. Im on a five day split routine Monday to Friday. Its finally paying off. My abs are back. Im happy to see them because its been awhile. Perfect timing for the summer. Today's workout was pretty brutal. It was back day. I decided to amp up the intensity significantly for todays back routine because I felt that my gains were plateauing. Ugh, it worked. After three tri-sets (three sets in a row with no rest in between repeated three times), I had to take a ten minute intermission. The intermission was spent in the bathroom puking and laying on the cold floor. Afterwards I felt like a million bucks then finished up the rest of my workout and did some cardio.

On to what you probably came here for... poker.

Hence the title of my post. Maybe one day Ill be sweet enough to replicate Gambler2k4's baller pose with the $50 bills.


CO: $816
BTN: $386
SB: $86.20
BB: $621.40
UTG: $1,933.15
Hero (MP): $456.40

Pre-Flop: Q A dealt to Hero (MP)
UTG folds, Hero raises to $12, CO calls $12, BTN calls $12, 2 folds
Standard raise and Im called by two TAG players.

Flop: ($42) 7 3 K (3 Players)
Hero bets $32, CO folds, BTN calls $32
Standard cbet. Once CO folds and Im HU with button, Id expect him to raise his sets and call with his pairs. Alot of guys will call with any pair here because they expect me to cbet this with 100% of my range.

Turn: ($106) 8 (2 Players)
Hero checks, BTN bets $76, Hero raises to $164, BTN raises to $342 and is All-In, Hero folds
Id expect him to check back his one pair hands for pot control. When he bets, the majority of his range cannot stand a c/r.

Results: $434 Pot ($3 Rake)
BTN mucked and WON $431 (+$223 NET)
- He ended up showing 87. Dont ask me why he showed.


SB: $120
BB: $78
UTG: $376
MP: $486.70
Hero (CO): $1,390.80
BTN: $820.60

Pre-Flop: 9 T dealt to Hero (CO)
UTG folds, MP calls $4, Hero raises to $20, BTN calls $20, 3 folds
MP is a huge donk. BTN is kind of LAG, but has made some skeptical plays. He seems like a tourney donk who might be giving cash games a try. With the donk in the hand, Id expect him to be calling with any hand that has good implied odds.

Flop: ($50) 7 7 A (2 Players)
Hero bets $36, BTN raises to $76, Hero calls $40
Once raised, I assume his range consists of trips+ or a draw. Once I call, he's most likely to put me on TP that doesnt want to commit alot of chips bc were 200bb deep.

Turn: ($202) Q (2 Players)
Hero checks, BTN checks
Id expect him to follow up with trips+ here because he should want to get paid against an ace and not give a free card to a draw. Once he checks through, I put him on a draw that is taking his free card because he assumes Im not folding my TP.

River: ($202) 3 (2 Players)
Hero bets $100, BTN calls $100
All draws miss. I bet because I have no showdown value and it should effectively fold out all of his draws. My bet size says, "Call me please because I have TP and I know your draws missed." Unfortunately, he complied.

Results: $402 Pot ($3 Rake)
Hero showed 9 T (a pair of Sevens) and LOST (-$196 NET)
BTN showed A 5 (two pair, Aces and Sevens) and WON $399 (+$203 NET)
- lol donkaments


SB: $396
BB: $669.20
UTG: $682.40
MP: $1,205
Hero (CO): $428.70
BTN: $394

Pre-Flop: K K dealt to Hero (CO)
UTG calls $4, MP folds, Hero raises to $20, BTN folds, SB calls $18, BB calls $16, UTG calls $16

Flop: ($80) T 8 2 (4 Players)
SB checks, BB checks, UTG checks, Hero bets $55, 2 folds, UTG calls $55
UTG is a loose passive donk who plays his hands face up.

Turn: ($190) 8 (2 Players)
UTG bets $36, Hero raises to $126, UTG calls $90
An 8 is certainly in his range, but if he has it, he'll let me know. Im not worried until he gives me reason to be. I think hes blocker betting with a draw to set his own price. I raise because I feel it extracts the most value from the majority of his range (TP and draws).

River: ($442) J (2 Players)
UTG bets $481.40 and is All-In, Hero folds
Draw completes and its an easy fold.

Results: $382 Pot ($3 Rake)
UTG mucked and WON $379 (+$208 NET)
-Sklansky bucks balla.

2 comments:

LuckySOB said...

He's alive...I was starting to think your existance was a rumor. GL with finals, it's like poker.....work hard and you'll do well...err, but without the shitty swings.

DODGYKEN said...

Who's Gym? And why are you hitting him? And why do you guys spell it different?

Lol americanz.