Thursday, November 8, 2007

400nl

Played my first session at 2-4 last night. I had a very productive AIM chat with SirNeb on Tuesday night. What he told me will probably save me at least a couple weeks/months of aggravation. He advised me that the regulars are much better hand readers than what I found at 1-2. SirNeb stated that standard TAG lines would turn your hand face up against these guys - I definitely observed this. I still have not completely digested all that we talked about, but Ive been thinking about it non-stop. As I play and review my game, I should get better at adapting to these games. That said, I was a bit rusty tonight but I think I played well. I could have squeezed a little more value out of some hands, but overall it was a good learning experience.

I played about 500 hands between 2 and 4 tabling. I spent the majority of the time 2 tabling and finished up a BI. Played in my first ~1k pot. Well, actually, two pots. I won one http://www.pokerhand.org/?1678159 and lost one (Im including this for the indirect comedy - villain was bad, obviously) http://www.pokerhand.org/?1678167. I was nervous he had AA/KK but I had notes on him. I had him tagged as a slowplayer and that he bluffed with small bets. I also saw him min bet/ min 3 bet with a monster.

Here is a small hand that I learned alot from: http://www.pokerhand.org/?1678180 The previous orbit I had floated him BvB and raised his turn bet, to which he tanked it and folded. The texture of this flop is so draw heavy. Hes only behind JT, 55 or maybe a TP type hand (KJ). TP is kind of sketchy bc I 3 bet AJ PF and flat his flop lead with QJ for pot control. There are so many draws out. When I raise he can deduce that the majority of my range is a draw or air especially since I had raised him BvB last orbit. He tanked it during this hand as well and made the proper play by pricing out most draws, folding out air, and putting me in a tough spot with TP (even tougher depending on my kicker). I should have flatted his flop lead and reevaluated on the turn. If I hit my gin card on the turn, I can hit him with the same line as I did last orbit. Except this time I think theres a good chance that he goes with any hand that has value.

2 comments:

LuckySOB said...

awesome. you deserve to be doing well at this limit with all the hard work you put in.

Noel said...

And they say Duke is hard,LOL. Try 400NL on FTP.