Wednesday, October 8, 2008

PLO is fun for everyone

I logged 2100 hand tonight and picked up two BIs. After reviewing my play, I was happy to see that my decisions were +EV when the money went in. However, my review also suggested I have much room for improvement. The games were unbelievably good tonight. One of the aspects of PLO I love the most is that good games are always running during the daytime.

I watched and took notes on Greg Brooks' only PLO video on Leggo. Ive watched many PLO vids by now and I must say that his vid was one of the best Ive seen across any of the sites. His commentary and analysis was excellent, but the most beneficial aspect of his vid was his session review. In the past, I simply reviewed my equity in PTO by checking my equity and pot odds in certain spots. Greg showed how to analyze various holdings through PTO. It can be done by checking "Winning %," then my on to "Open in Browser." From there you can plug in various holdings to analyze your equity versus your opponets range, rather than just his immediate holding. In hold 'em, we use Pokerstove for such analysis, but there is no such program for PLO. Im very happy that I discovered this because it will be huge building block towards achieving my goals. More PLO vids Greg! Maybe Martin can pass the word along since hes ballin it up as a guest pro over there.

I would post some hands, but for some reason none of the converters are working for me tonight.

4 comments:

DODGYKEN said...

I only read the title, gonna read the rest in a second, but I have to say this:

"No it isn't."

DODGYKEN said...

I'm seriously struggling with this game Dice, but I am planning on playing more so hit me up for sweats or hand discussion.

Try http://www.propokertools.com/ for a Pokerstove type thing for PLO. It's a little tricky to get used to, but it's dam good for working on equity v ranges.

I'll get onto Greg about it - hopefully he'll agree to review one of my sessions or something!

PrincessDonk said...

Hiiiii dice!!! <3<3<3

LuckySOB said...

The "Guest" in Guest Pro has been removed for Martin.......stud.

Would love to see some hands and insight when you get a chance.