Thursday, September 6, 2007

Fall is Approaching

Tonight was a productive night of poker. The night started of with a lesson with Pawel, while Mark sweated. We ran in to some interesting scenarios. So far, Pawel has armed me with new theoretical concepts related to bet patterns, bet sizing, and playing out of the blinds. My newly acquired weapons have worked quite well, but I still need to make some adjustments in playing from the blinds. Most of the blind play is related to limped pots, and most of the adjustments I need to make are within my postflop play to loose passive opponents. I'm excited for the future. I know what it takes to keep improving, but I must continue to take the steps necessary to do so. School is alot of work. Tons, tons, tons of reading. Eventually it will evolve into tons of writing, but I'll save that for another day. After my session with Pawel and Mark, we had our UF2B weekly sweat. This week was Martin's (Dodgyken) turn. He played four tables of 200NL on FTP. He played very well while making some nice lay-downs. During his PT review, we had some good, interesting discussions. About UF2b, sorry for lack of updates- our double barreling piece should be up on the UF2B site shortly. As a group, we have decided to open up the format of our site. Look for posts on a more consistent basis in the future.

No comments: