Saturday, September 29, 2007

Go Phils

The Phillies have officially taken lead in the NL East pennant race. It is the first time this season that they have stood at the top. With merely 17 games left to play in the regular season, the Phils were 7 games behind the Mets. Fast forward 15 games later and we're sitting at the top of the NL East. If the Phils win the pennant, it could be regarded as one of the best late season comebacks in the history of baseball. The Phils have won 12 of the last 15, while the Mets have lost 11 of the last 15. Talk about shitting the bed. I wish I was back home right now. Everyone is going nuts. With two games to go and a one game lead, it should make for an interesting finish. The Fightin' Phils are in a groove. Their team chemistry is the best in baseball right now. Hopefully they can carry this momentum into the post-season.

In the world of poker things have been going good. Pretty standard for the most part. I played 1.6k hands last night winning two buy ins. I also donked around in a couple tournies. Played in three, cashed in two. I got pretty deep in the 17k GTD on FTP but while in the money my big pairs didn't hold up. QQ<44 with 30 left while in 5th place- lost 40% of stack. AA
http://www.pokerhand.org/?1533461
Villain is 67/34/1.1 over 150 hands. The turn is an easy fold, but how should I typically proceed on the flop. I feel that open folding the flop to every donk lead is weak. What are some factors I should take into consideration when considering my best course of action against a donk lead?

No comments: