Monday, July 2, 2007

6 max .25-.5

Hands: 531
Amount Won: $44.90
BB/100: 8.46

Four tabled for about an hour and a half. I was reasonably happy with my play, but definitely made some mistakes. I will post a couple trouble hands. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Hand 1: http://www.pokerhand.org/?1228270

I think I may have left some money on the table here as small stakes donks love their overpairs. No particular read on villain, as I had only been at the table for about two orbits. My image is aggressive at this point because I picked up several hands early on which were not shown down.

Hand 2: http://www.pokerhand.org/?1228285

Once again no read on villain as he had been at my table for only several orbits. I am well aware a set is in his range. But with many draws and the possibility of a weaker over pair led me to believe a shove was +EV.

Hand 3: http://www.pokerhand.org/?1228310

Situations like this have been very troubling for me recently. Perfect flop texture. Villain was running 70/0/.72 and was pretty much involved in every pot.

Hand 4: http://www.pokerhand.org/?1228327

My worst played hand of the day, IMO. Cold called from button b/c of guaranteed position in a multi-way pot against pretty deep stacks. Probably should have led flop as one could easily put me on a steal with good flop texture like this.

3 comments:

Noel said...

Hey just wanted to let you know I added you to my group. I see you have commented on mine so I figured I would repay. Look forward to your insight man. Maybe we can do a sweat too.

DWarrior said...

Hand 1: Yeah, I think you could have gotten a little more value out of the hand. I think the pot on the turn is $9, you can bet $7 or $7.50, and then between 1/2 and 2/3 pot on the river, pot will be about $23, I think you can bet $14 and get paid off nicely.

Hand 2: I think this is most likely a shove. You obviously can't call, as you'll end up getting stacked anyway if you're behind, but a scary card may come to either get him to fold his lower overpair or complete his draw. Folding seems difficult, and probably bad without any reads. I guess it's like the higher stakes players say, just make sure your pf raising range is wide here so set mining isn't profitable for him.

Hand 3: I think this is a fold without any info, and his AF says that he's not one to pull many moves. He probably does the old c/mr trick to build a pot by getting you put money in a little at a time. So old.

Hand 4: Yeah, definitely bet the flop. Now you're faced with an awkward turn situation, where raising basically gives your hand away, so you're pretty much forced to call and hope to win a bet on the river.

Noel said...

Ok now for some poker critiscm. I think hand 1 is played perfect and you might have been able to bet a little more and get called, but I think you did well.

Hand2: I dont like the shove here even though I understand your thinking. Thing is I think he simply smooth calls most draws here and his raises are more likely to be to push draws out. Yes an overpair is possible but someone who traps with overpairs I think has a hard time calling your shove anyways. I know it isnt easy to do but you could argue a fold here. Honestly when you shoved and he called did you think you were good? Also kinda new at poker stove but I pinched in several hands he could be holding including QQ JJ and straight flush draws and sets and your -EV against his range if I know what it is I am doing with he software.

Hand 3: I think you could dump AJ preflop from UTG sometimes and it wouldnt kill you. As for this spot against a villian with such poor numbers most Cbets are a spew. I think you have to know your villian before you c-bet. Still pretty standard poker though and an easy fold.

Hand 4: Trouble spot. You arent getting great odds preflop and QJ is a tough hand to play when you hit your pair as you never know if you are outkicked or not. I am not saying I dont call here too. Obvious missed bet on flop you have to fire. You cant check and let a PP fill up and not be able to fold trip jacks. The way it was played I think you have to raise the turn bet. Again you dont want draws and small PPs to have a cheap river. Also if he did have QQ-AA now he has commited chips to the pot in is likely to stick around and see if you really have the goods. A common mistake when we hit a hand is slowplaying it. Dont!