Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Good Session

Hands: 594
Amount Won: $148.45
BB/100: 22.9

Four tabled NL50 for about two hours. Wish I could have put in more time but I had my internship from 9-5 and then a wrestling workout from 7-830. Ive been experimenting with some new concepts and they have been adding to my win-rate. I have become extremely loose on the button with TAGs in the blinds. I checked m PT stats and Ive won a good amount of money when opening from the button. This also benefits you because you will be perceived as a LAG, yet play a TAG style. Because of my loose image Ive been able to play my big hands fast and aggressive.

Hand 1: http://www.pokerhand.org/?1252523

Smot and fromthebottom were both below average loose passive players, while villain was a LAG running at 33/31/4.6. I considered a 4 bet but the original raiser was only raising 4% of his hands and I did not want to risk playing a huge pot OOP. I donk lead the flop as if to say "raise me please" and felt I could represent AK. This was the wrong line to take imo. A check raise would have been ideal here bc there are already two aces in the board, thus reducing the probability he has an ace. I opted against the c/r bc my logic was that IF I had an ace I would be more apt to lead than c/r. Looking back, if I were to lead, then I should have bet stronger into him, bc I DO NOT want him to call, lol. After his smooth call I put him on a strong pair (TT,QQ,KK). After he checked the turn for pot control I was dead set on overshoving the river. However, I opted to give up on the hand because if he did have AK (maybe AQ) he would have probably check the turn to induce a bluff from a worse hand- such as JJ! So I bitched out and gave him the pot. Is a shove on the river here +EV?

Hand 2: http://www.pokerhand.org/?1252553

Help me play 99!! My worst played hand according to PT. I had been VERY active the last several orbits and I hadn't shown down a hand in the most recent 5 hands I played. Villain seemed like a thinking player (although no specific read) running at 14/14/inf over 40 hands. Looking back I guess I should have folded pre based on his numbers, but I justified my call bc of my aggro image. Bad move, Dice. lol Let me know what you guys think his could be here.

2 comments:

Noel said...

Whats up dice man? When we going to do a sweat session? Where you interning? Anyways on to the hands at hand.
Hand1: This is just a fucked spot all aound. You know he has to have 1010-AA with a PFR of 4. I think there is obvious value in set mining even though you assume he has you beat in this spot. Dream flop? No way. Shoving the river +EV? At first I am thinking are you crazy? I think a 2/3 pot value bet is optimal. The way this hand is played it looks like you bet your A on the flop to see if it was better then his and then checked the completed flush and are betting for value on the river. The only problem with betting anything on the river with your image at the state it is, you might be hard pressed to get him to give up QQ, especially because there are two aces on board.

Hand 2:You have to llok for good spots to four bet and this looks like one. The strength of the four bet is amazing, just think what goes through your mind when you 3 bet and get reraised. Exactly! When you call instead you have decided to set mine and set mining should be the only thing you do no matter what. I find I will try and make 66-99 work when I go set mining and no aces or faces flop I start thinking otherwise. Check calling this flop is no bueno. I think you either check, fold or just lead and proceed.

Side note great blog title. Common sense? Not so common at all.

DWarrior said...

Hand 1: I don't even see value in this hand, the guy could be squeezing, but I think this call is -EV. Set mining for 16% of your stack?

Then the flop bet doesn't seem to be a good idea. If he has an ace, he'll just trap you, if he has a PP TT-KK, he'll just call the small bet and see what you do (and if you bet more, he'll probably still call and your hand becomes a big bluff).

On the river, your hand doesn't really have any value to value-bet, as you're realistically only ahead of TT, so the river shove is as a bluff to get him off JJ-KK (which he won't do every time).

I don't like this hand at all.

Hand 2: this is probably a leak of mine as well. In this spot 99 basically has the same strength as all underpairs, he's either bluffing or he has you crushed. If you call, he'll sometimes keep bluffing and so even when you're ahead you might fold the best hand. I think it's best to just give up in this spot.

noel: I disagree that if you're set mining that's all you should do. I think you can add to your bottom line if you occasionally pick off c-bets, but I don't think this is a good spot to do it.

PS, I'm guessing this guy had JJ or QQ and didn't want to see an overcard.