Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Back to Work

Tonight I four tabled for about 3.5 hours. I played three tables of NL50 and decided to pull up a NL100. Pretty standard night, started of well, then got donked around for an hour or so. As i was getting donked around I felt a little tilt fever coming on so I recomposed myself and made a nice little come back in the final hour of my session. Alex (DWarrior) and I had a productive discussion today of situational poker. We havent concluded anything concrete yet, but as soon as we do I will update the group on our findings.

NL50
Hands: 787
Amount Won: $26.55
BB/100: 3.37

NL100
Hands: 245
Amount Won: $131.05
BB/100: 26.74

Hand 1: http://www.pokerhand.org/?1249498

Villain was running 26.5/6.7/.9 over 105 hands. At the time of the hand I had no particular read on him.

Hand 2: http://www.pokerhand.org/?1249515

Villian was running 15/5/.7 over 200 hands. Tight passive player. AK has been a trouble hand as of late.

Hand 3: http://www.pokerhand.org/?1249526

Villian was 21/10.6/1.1 over 70 hands. I stacked him earlier in the session with a set. Since being stacked, he noticeably upped his aggression towards me. Whats the best line here?

Hand 4: http://www.pokerhand.org/?1249540

Saved the best for last. This was my most controversial hand of the night. Villain was 40/12/.7 over 97 hands. Played this hand way too passively, IMO. Felt a turn bet would chase away a weaker ace, but a turn check would allow me to get paid on the river. Especially if a non heart came b/c a river bet could easily be interpreted as a missed draw. Curious about what line you guys think would be best here.

Thanks in advance for your help guys.

3 comments:

Noel said...

Hand 1: Not much to say except why did you check turn? Did you feel you were in trouble there or were you trying to extract value on the river? Either way looks like you avoided a catastrophe, and they this shit isnt rigged, come on.

Hand 2: Standard, not to much you can do here. 3 bet and cbet and then shutdown. Might cbet a wee bit stronger but not a big deal QQ wasnt folding.

Hand 3:I probably play it very similar but you could fold to his lead too. This is a spot where I think they may have a monster and hoping you play back. His numbers say he thinks a little

Hand 4:I think you have to bet the turn on draw heavy boards when you have the goods. If a draw completes what is your line when he bets into you? Simple ABC poker Diceman bet this turn and watch the donk call with the wrong odds. The best is sometimes these donks will shove when they miss. Remember donks dont think they simply react. Dont over think and also do you really think this guy folds a weaker Ace? You know you should have bet.

DWarrior said...

Hand 1: I guess your turn check was to induce a bluff or a light check/call by villain, which makes sense. The only hands he continues here are ace-highs (possible), sets (less probable as he might raise them), and the 3. I don't know if you can win 2 bets vs an ace, but judging from his AF you probably will. Also, I don't think he bluffs very much with those stats, so I'm starting to like a turn bet more, although it would make for an awkward spot if he raises.

Hand 2: interesting spot, sometimes I even fold AK vs nits like these. 5% pfr is like 77+, AK, and he might be tighter. Although you do have added money with the other limper. Also, I don't even think c-betting this flop is +EV vs a normal villain, and definitely not this guy.

Hand 3: I probably fold, I'm not sure what this guy's trying to do by calling pf and leading, but it looks like he has a hand, so you'll be trying to push him off stuff like TT or 88. Since you say he's tilting, I probably just give this up. He might also have a J or a big hand and trying to induce a raise, which seems to be what he did. A check/raise would be more consistent with a bluff imo. You can call and see what he does, or you can raise bigger. Right now the pot's like $8, he bets 1/2, and you make a 1/2 pot raise. I don't think that's scaring him away, and if he were bluffing he might decide to 3-bet you.

Hand 4: I definitely bet this turn for value. Board is draw heavy, so you'd like to protect. Villain is passive, so he might be chasing a draw. Also, he'll probably call you down with a weaker ace. If he c/c turn and bets this river, that will be interesting, but I think I'd fold to anything over 1/2 pot. If he checks again, I might make a small value bet, since he now has 2-pair (!!!).

Dice said...

Thanks for your input boys. Cant tell you why I didnt bet the turn in hand 1, but I guess it was God's work that I didnt. Hand 3 should have folded the flop bc even if an A or K comes on the turn Ill have a hard time calling if he leads again. Must bet the turn in hand 4. Major, major -EV by not betting there.