Monday, October 22, 2007

Back to Back

Yesterday I made it back to the tables in one piece after a pleasant Saturday. My day started off with me four tabling while Malfaire, Peten2toms, and Verneer watched/coached. I ran super hot. I was hitting sets like it was my job. I was up 4 BI fairly quickly. Shortly thereafter, my profits slowly bled away. I cut the session off at 1.5k hands and +3 BI.

I made a big f-ck up when I accidentally misclicked and folded an easy call for $25 into a $100 pot with TP2K against a donk. He proceeded to show me the ever glorious 62 off for bottom pair no kicker. He asked in the chat, "KK?" (there was an A on the board) I got a good laugh out of that one.

Following the session, I got something to eat and took care of some homework while keeping tabs on the Eagles game. Ugh, don't get me started on my Eagles. That's all I'll say on that topic.

Around 10pm I decided it was time for another session. I logged 1k hands total. Right off the bat, I lost with AA to villain's KK- oh well. I rallied hard. I did get a little help from an old friend of mine to my right who went on tilt for a brief period of time after I stacked him with quad 9's to his QQ. Its nice to get paid off with quads.

The more I play and study, the clearer and easier this game is becoming. Most of my decisions are becoming second nature- its pretty cool. With that said, I don't like it when things come easy. The reward is not nearly as satisfying. I'm going to continue playing, analyzing, and studying. I ended up +6 BI total for the day. Back to back +6 BI nights. The good thing is that I dont feel any sense of satisfaction from my latest results. The first time I did it, I was pumped. This is now familiar territory and I'm not going to jump for joy every time I have a 1k night. Its all in a day's work. Hopefully I can achieve my 10k BR goal by the end of this week. I need 4 more BI.

3 comments:

verneer said...

10K by x-mas now seems very reachable.

Malfaire said...

Glad to see the results are there, but you're right -- not the important thing (yeah yeah).

You sicko. :-)

LuckySOB said...

way to go Dice