Sunday, October 14, 2007

Marathon Session

Last night/ early this morning I played a marathon session of 4k hands. It is the longest session Ive ever played. I 6-8 tabled and had alot of fun. The reason I played for so long was because I wanted to top my BR off at 6k. I came within $50 several times and got knocked down. Eventually, I made it happen and Im happy with the way things went- up 4.25 BI.

As a side note, with the help of Verneer I have established a goal. The goal is for my BR to exceed 10k by the New Year. Once I achieve this landmark, Verneer feels that I will have officially established myself as an overall winner at 200NL. The challenge started this past Thursday. My roll at the time was 4.4k. Some hands...

1) Villain is 16/7/.9 and a river AF of 5. Check turn for pot control. Only hands Im legitimately afraid of are JT, 99, and 55. He leads the river and I immediately discount the probability of 55. It was a tough call to make, but I checked the turn for this exact purpose- I didnt want to call a huge bet with tptk. By betting the turn I dont think I get value from hands that Im ahead of anyway. I tanked it when he lead into me. He could show up with JT, 99 here but his river AF suggested he was betting more hands than just the nuts. http://www.pokerhand.org/?1587303

2) Favorite hand of the session. Villain is 40/16/1.2. I have a note on villain from previous experience at 50NL basically stating he's donk. His turn min c/r is strong, but with 8 outs to the nuts, its an easy call. Value shove the river. He snapped called. This put me over my 6k goal (6.2k). http://www.pokerhand.org/?1587451

2 comments:

LuckySOB said...

Hand 1: If you check behind for pot control or to induce a bluff you have to call the river bet. Well played I say.

Hand 2: Nice hand.

Congrats on reaching your goal and being able to stick out such a long session w/o breaking down or tilting.

verneer said...

Value shoving is the new value betting.