Saturday, October 20, 2007

First 1k Night

Last night I had my first 1k night. It was pretty cool, but this is only the beginning of the race so I'm going to celebrate today and forget about it tomorrow. I played two sessions and logged 2.7k hands. I won 6 BI total on the night. Friday nights are donkey-rich, so I continued my tedious table selection. My goal is to be seated one or two seats to the left of a donkey. Once I establish position, I'm there to stay and I'm there for a donkey killing spree.

I've been working on folding. In the past Ive made the mistake of calling big bets with marginal holdings. Tonight I lost only two pots over 200bb. I got my money in as a 4.5:1 and a 2.5:1 favorite in those cases, so I cant complain. I folded over pairs a couple of times tonight. Another concept that makes a huge difference has been identifying who I can value bet thin. A couple of extra $60 or $70 bets here and there pay off big time in the long run.

On a personal note, today is "Joe College Day" at Duke. Its going to be a day long music festival. I will most likely be engaging in certain non-musical festivities- you can take that any way you like. I need ten more BI to complete my goal of a 10k BR. GL - Dice

1 comment:

LuckySOB said...

congrats Dice, you should be moving up to 400's about the same time I'm moving down to the 200's. Keep up the good work.