Thursday, October 18, 2007

Loser

Tonight I am a loser. It wasn't variance. Alot of it was FPS and calling in marginal spots. I dropped 3.5 BI over 1k hands. I wasn't dealt too many winners, but I could have minimized my losses alot better than I did. Im not happy with my bluffing frequency. I put some moves on guys that just didn't work out. At this stake, the primary focus should be showing down winning hands and minimizing losses. I am very unhappy with a river call I made with aces. Villain from the SB lead at me in MP all three streets. I said I would call 2 streets and fold to a river bet. I tanked it on the river and called as time ran down. No excuse for this. Can't call three streets against a reasonable opponent with only aces. I feel like part of the reason I called was bc IT WAS ACES! A level one thinker makes that call. I had a good feeling he had me beat as soon as he lead the flop. I should have raised his flop bet about 2.5x and folded to any further action. Oh well, I wont make that mistake again.

2 comments:

DODGYKEN said...

You think about the game really well Dice so there's not much danger of you nto getting back on track straight away. I think you're right with the comment on minimizing losses and showing down winning hands. Remember, we make the majority of our winnings at this level by betting for value.

Malfaire said...

I thought I'd pop in and just give a big hearty "F YOU" to your computer win. LOL, that's awesome.