Sunday, October 28, 2007

Goal Accomplished

As anticipated, I accomplished my goal this weekend. Pawel was there for it and so was one of my best friends from school, who Ive talked about in my last post. He is one of the few people that regularly I come in contact with that I share my trials and tribulations as a poker player with.



I am looking forward to continuing my progress as a poker player. Pawel said that I would no longer need his coaching once I reached the 10k mark. I ran at 6ptbb/100 over 25k hands at 200NL this month. The original date we had set for this was goal Christmas. Well either Christmas came early this year or my hard work has finally paid off orrr maybe a bit little both? While this 10k signals the end, it also marks a new beginning. I am not satisfied with the 10k mark... and I mean that with all my heart. Assuming I will enter the real world in August of '09, I have roughly 21 months to devote to poker to fulfill my maximum potential in this game. This time around I will not make the same mistakes which prevented me from accomplishing my goals in wrestling; at the same time, I will not make the same mistakes which have compromised others chances from accomplishing their goals in poker.

Anyone is free to comment on my blog, I won't bite. I am going to start including some hand analysis in my posts. I think it will be beneficial for both me and my readers.

6 comments:

Noel said...

Congrats my man! Does this mean you wont be present at the sweats?

Dice said...

I guess it will depend on my schedule at the moment.

Unknown said...

Great job dude!! Good post too, it makes for some good reading and inspiration.

Malfaire said...

Congratulations, sir. You've put a lot of work into your game and it shows -- I'm proud of ya. Great post as well. Personally, I tire of reading blogs that are only poker and really consider having other things going on in life as very +EV. It's awesome that you've so seamlessly translated your wrestling success to poker. Hope you're still around for the sweats! :-)

verneer said...

Congrats! 400NL FTW :)

LuckySOB said...

You the man Dice. Well done. I so wish I knew you last year when I went to Philly. I went out of my way to go to Pat's. would have loved to go to your dad's place.