Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Not Pleased

Tonight was very swingy. I think this is due to the looser style I played tonight. This is not a good thing. After watching Fabian and CTS latest vids, I found myself playing ultra aggro post flop. Although it has its merits, for where I am with my game a looser post flop style does not fit in well. I do not doubt that Fabian's style has granted him great success, but I feel that it is unnecessary to play that way to beat the small stakes. This loose post flop style also requires extraordinary hand reading abilities to play profitably. As I move up in stakes, loosening up post flop will become important. At my current stake, I can expect to get paid off with my big hands alot more than I will at higher stakes. Basic logic suggests that I should be patient and show down winning hands- as I have said too many times to recall. Sometimes I get testy when I feel I am being exploited- especially in 3 bet scenarios. I must continue working on detaching myself from my emotions at the table. There is no need to get testy, emotions are -EV and a loose 3 bettor is easy to exploit :) My overall message is that at the lower stakes we must remain patient and calm while at the table. Lost 3 BI tonight. I am now 7 BI short of my goal. I am anticipating the completion of this goal by week's end (Sunday). After two solid winning nights, it's nice to get a lick of reality. I know what I have to do to win. Its now simply a matter of execution.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hopefully things will go better for you tomorrow. I think that so long as you learn from any mistakes you make, that is actually might be a good thing to make mistakes. Any time you can learn and improve as a player, it has to be a good thing right? Hope you have a good session today.

DODGYKEN said...

C'mon Dice you f****r - get some consistency going! You're gonna crush these games and move up limits quick once you hit a style and stick with it!

LuckySOB said...

Dodgy is awful harsh, but he's right. You're too good to not be killing these games. I too have the same problem with getting too lose after a vid. Sweats w/ solid winning players is better review than vids of over aggro top notch players that can get away w/ it...IMO

Dice said...

QFT! Thanks for the kick in the ass. I needed it.